Sunday, February 4, 2018

Entertainment Design - Week 4

01.02.2018 (Week 4)
David Ho Ming Aun (0328394)
Entertainment Design
Poster Progress

Assignment 1 Progress
I expanded on one of the drafts, doing colour trials and working to add more details. Here are my progress pictures.





I then expanded on the draft to add more details.







Upon consultation with my lecturer, he noted the lack of 'movement' in the piece, and said that it looks 'sterile'. I understand his concerns, and I attribute it to the overly balanced layout and structure of the poster, along with the lack of dynamism of the pose. I acknowledge my problems and mistake of settling on an idea too quickly. I also express regret on choosing an illustration-heavy topic, but I understand it's also good for me to push my limits.

My next plan of action is either to rework this current poster, or to scrap whatever I have here and start anew. I feel like the latter option is better as I would not be bogged down by whatever conventions I may have set with the previous poster, and a blank state has it's own creative power. I will try once more.

I will update with more progress next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Entertainment Design - Week 9,10