Sunday, November 13, 2016

Advertising Week 10

08.11.2016 (Week 10)
David Ho Ming Aun (0328394)
Advertising Principles and Practice
Project 3 Progress

Project 3:
I have come up with more drafts for the invisible pattern designs, as well as explored the use of some appropriate typefaces for the advertisement. Do note that the following images are slightly edited after the consultation session with my lecturer. The feedback he gave is included in the feedback section. Changes I have made include: reducing point size of the stroke, reducing the inter-line spacing and changed the shape of the condom to reflect a more universal icon of a condom.

Figure 1


Figure 2

Figure 3

Figure 4

Figure 5

Figure 6


I also explored the typefaces to be utilised in the advertisement. Top is PT Sans Condensed, and the bottom is Source Sans Pro. I'm gravitating towards Source Sans Pro.

I did a lot of printouts this week to see how it would look like actual size. I realise it is very different seeing it in print and on the computer screen, and I need to start printing more tests in order to have an accurate view on the designs.



Feedback:
Specific Feedback
My lecturer said that some of the lines are too thick and the spacings are too wide. He encouraged me to look at how to incorporate the tagline and USP in a more elegant manner rather than simply placing it at the bottom , which apparently ruins the flow. He also suggested using a grid pattern. He also said my portfolio is well-organised.



Reflection:
Experience
I'm glad I put in more work during the break to actually come up with more patterns and possibilities. 

Observation
I still observe myself putting this to the side. I believe this is because the current step in the process is very tedious and visually boring. However, I understand that it crucial to get it right from the foundation up so that I won't slow myself down in the coming steps. 

Findings
I find that the deadlines truly motivate me to do good work. It is not something I want to rely on, but being accountable to deliver something by a certain time gives me the motivation to churn out proper honest work. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Entertainment Design - Week 9,10